Tekno Denmark cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Tekno Denmark cars

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 1 week ago #181

Platinum Boarder
Newest Tekno No. 950 , another Mercedes O302 Bus but this one is red and much better shape than my previous post. It is actually a Kirk as per the baseplate and came in a Tekno box. I have seen several other of these Kirk buses in Tekno boxes. Were they actually originally packaged in Tekno boxes???

Does anyone have experience taking these apart? The inside is really dusty and I wanted to give it a clean but not sure how it may open. There is a tab at the front that moves back and forth but nothing releases when pushed or pulled. There are other tabs that look they may release the bottom as well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 1 week ago #182

Platinum Boarder
Very nice model, it looks to be quite a heavy model.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 1 week ago #183

Platinum Boarder
Looks like lots of play value in this bus. I like all the opening doors and such. Not sure about the tabs but have you tried prying up one of the ones on the bottom with a piece of wood so you don't scratch it? Also, magnifying glasses will help to see if there is a hinge pin on the flat pieces on the chassis. That would give you a clue. The front one looks like it is just a catch so push back and it should release the front.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 1 week ago #184

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
Very nice model, it looks to be quite a heavy model.

Yes, quite a solid model

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 1 week ago #185

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
 The front one looks like it is just a catch so push back and it should release the front.

That's what I assumed, but nothing seems to release. I did not want to try the other tabs until maybe someone here knew.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 1 week ago #186

Platinum Boarder
Sorry I cannot help you Tick in trying to dismantle the bus to get the dust out. You could try flushing out the dust with warm water and shake it all about then blow some warm air into the bus through its door opening.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 1 week ago #187

Platinum Boarder
This bus (blue/cream) was my last new Tekno model as a child. I believe it actually hit the shops AFTER Tekno had gone bankrupt. As a dane, child and toy car fanatic, Tekno meant a lot to me back then, and the news of their bankrupcy sent shockwaves through me.

So I was quite surprised to find this new model in the toy stores shortly after, and it became my #1 wish for Christmas... of course I got it.

The box you show does not look 100% like the one I remember, It was full of illustrations of all the functions - ye, there are some on your box too, but in my memory there were far more.

One of the functions was, as it had become the standard for Tekno, that the model was intended to be taken apart, and (hopefully) put back together. I vaguely remember an instruction sheet describing exactly how to do that, and I've seen these on eBay as well. You may want to try a search and you could get lucky.

Regarding the Tekno vs. Kirk thing, I think mine was the same: Tekno on the box, Kirk on the baseplate.

I kept my precious bus for many years, but unfortunately it's not among my survivors... what happened, I'm not really sure, but I bought a replacement a few years ago, blue and cream like the old one, and in 'good' complete condition... better than your blue one, but not as good as your new red version.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 6 days, 2 hours ago #188

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that info. I'll look to see if I find any of those manuals

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 6 days, 1 hour ago #189

Platinum Boarder
I have the same box with a Kirk bus in it (cream and blue), and there was a black Kirk box as well for a year or less.

That metal tab in the front should take the top off - perhaps you need to put a fingernail under the lip somewhere and "persuade it"?

I'll look for my instructions when I return home later in the week...

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 6 days, 1 hour ago #190

Platinum Boarder
Oh, here is all the parts!

i2.wp.com/www.maronline.org.uk/wp-conten...kno-J-68-69-back.jpg

From my article linked to above...

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 5 days, 14 hours ago #191

Platinum Boarder
Oh wow!

That's great, thanks!

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 5 days, 10 hours ago #192

Yes. I remember now: if you press the metal tab on the front of the bus, the top half releases. from there you can unlock the plastic tabs on the base and dismantle the whole bus. If you assemble it again, make sure all covers on both sides are in the right position, as is the engine cover at the rear.
Last Edit: 5 days, 10 hours ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 days, 11 hours ago #193

Platinum Boarder
Here are the instructions included in the box!   I dug them out last night...

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, Tick

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 days, 11 hours ago #194

Platinum Boarder
Full size photos of front/back are now here:

www.hobbydb.com/catalog_items/323665
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 days, 16 hours ago #195

Platinum Boarder
thanks again, that instruction book is great. Looks like I need to push forward on the tab.