Tekno Denmark cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Tekno Denmark cars

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #166

Platinum Boarder
Yes, the Ford D Series is loaded with features: opening doors, tilting cab, steering, leaf spring suspension, extending ramps, working winder. Oh, and it's also designed to be taken apart: there's a small metal ring just behind the transmission. Turn it, and it will unlock, allowing the driveshaft to be removed.

I bought one of these on Qxl (DK auction site) a few years ago. The seller had 3 different ones for sale, including a mint and boxed. I bid on the middle one - in 'good' condition, but the seller sent me the mint/boxed one instead, probably by mistake.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #167

Platinum Boarder
Oh, and I also have the Ford as a tipper truck. There are two versions of that one, long and short bed, mine is the short one.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #168

Platinum Boarder
You guys are rough!  Here is another Tekno that needs a box - is this one better?  

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #169

Platinum Boarder
Teebodk wrote:
 Oh, and it's also designed to be taken apart: there's a small metal ring just behind the transmission. Turn it, and it will unlock, allowing the driveshaft to be removed.

Yes, that "ring lock" is awesome. With the parts I bought, I had to install two plastic retaining parts that hold the ramps and winch in place. They fit under the drive shaft and are simply held in place under tension by the shaft itself. They could have used rivets to hold the the model together or use some sort of clipping system that fastens only once at the time of manufacture. But this ring was genius. It locks everything in place and yet fairly easily comes off releasing drive shaft so that you can take it all apart.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #170

Platinum Boarder
Karl, at least it is a Ford this time. Looks like a pretty nice Mustang too.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #171

Platinum Boarder
Does the roof pop off so the 169 Pony can have its ragtop down into the convertible style.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #172

At the last NAMAC fair there were quite a few Danish sellers. Some had an awesome array of Tekno cars, all mint and in pristine condition. Priced from € 120 +
If these guys are there next time, I shall take a few photos if allowed

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #173

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo that would be cool to do, many thanks.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #174

Platinum Boarder
The 'stang roof does pop off, but it does not come off easily.  Two pegs hold it tightly at the back, if i remember correctly.   Tekno also sold a top down version.

Photos from the toy fair in Holland would be great!  Are they new in red/white boxed (post factory closure from spare parts), or just old Teknos?
Last Edit: 7 years ago by karls.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #175

The ones I saw were all unboxed, but in mint condition

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #176

Expert Boarder

Well, here's the latest TEKNO #819 Volkswagen I found to add to my personal collection, straight out of the 1960/61 catalog in a bright orange-red color and the light blue tinted plastic window inserts.

Note: Early series toy with no blinkers on the front fenders, but this toy has the flat hubcaps and new age rubber tires.

The toy also has a strange sort of patch on each side of the metal casting, these patches, which look almost like masking tape (crazy, see blue arrows) were on all the castings of the first series #819 Volkswagens, from 1958 till 1961.
Well, it depends on the thickness of the paint and also how early the model is to NOT see the imperfection.

This toy is near perfect/mint so you also see the typical extremely thin spray painted body and the trademark Tekno Silver "Hammertone" painted base plate.

My toy is a very very late production toy, so just like you will see  on some of the late production Dinky #181 Oval Window Beetles the castings are beat up, nicks, dents, light flashing, etc. 

That photo of the box is the correct box for this toy, if anyone has one they don't need please let me know.

Enjoy!

Tom
Last Edit: 7 years ago by BlauchenL331.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #177

Platinum Boarder
For some reason, I think you like that red bug!!!   Nice, nice.

I always thought those new tires were on newer Teknos.  Is this really a 1958-61 issue with these tires?  just curious?

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #178

Expert Boarder
karls wrote:
For some reason, I think you like that red bug!!!   Nice, nice.

Yeah, I always wanted the one to match the Catalog.

karls wrote:

I always thought those new tires were on newer Teknos.  Is this really a 1958-61 issue with these tires?  just curious?

Ohh by new age I mean with the straight tire tread, 1961 onwards.

So much I know they had a different tire for 1958 to 1960, it had a smoother tread.

And the pre 1958 VW tires had a fishbone tread.....

I'm going to photo document all the changes in the Tekno VW Beetle toys someday, to show to collectors.

Tom
Last Edit: 7 years ago by BlauchenL331.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #179

Platinum Boarder
Tom's photos of his 1961 catalog inspired me to finish documenting my Tekno catalogs and writing them up.  See  

www.maronline.org.uk/catalog-corner-tekno-part-i/

Any corrections and additions are welcome!

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 7 years ago #180

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the link. Karl. Impressive information.