Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale

Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale 2 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Sometime ago I obtained the Thames Trader and entered it in a forum post somewhere. I remember having a bit of a discussion with Rob (Oldtrucks56) about them as Rob had purchased some for his railroad modelling. Do you think I can find that forum post now. No-way Whosane.

I have now added the Albion Tanker which was modelled from about the mid 1950's era to my very small collection of Base Toys.

Below are some images of the 1955 or there abouts Albion Tanker in 1:76 scale.

Very bright detail painting with some tampo clearly visible if a person uses a magnifying glass. Nice solid diecast toy or model and feels good.

Good representation wheel hubs and rubber tread tyres gives some quality to this rig.  Dig the painted windscreen wipers, while inside the cab the black seating, steering wheel and dash does simulate the scale model toy truck detailing.

The only detail assembling fault I can find is that on the off side rear the tank seems to be skeewiff and the create rails running along the side of the tank haven't been inserted into the slot on the tank properly.

The main body and chassis parts are screwed together, which is good for swapping around for something different. That is if the other trucks parts do line up for the match.

Some detail included in the chassis which is good.

Lining up the two different models, being the Albion and the Thames Trader Tipper of the 1960's era.

If both are to scale of 1'76 or 00 gauge, then why does the Ford Thames look somewhat smaller than the Albion. I cannot remember if the Cab on the Albion is much larger than the Ford Thames. So I'll leave that up to someone to figure it out.

Nice model trucks for the price. Cheers
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale 2 years, 6 months ago #2

That is a beefy looking little dump truck, and I think that is the main difference between the sizes. A C cab Ford next to a Peterbilt cab over would appear the same in relation to the two trucks you have pictured here. Both are great examples. Base Toys are near impossible to find here. The few that I have I bought from the UK through eBay. I don't remember if I started that thread in trucks and lorries or in restores, customs and code 3s, but I do remember it.

Re: Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale 2 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that Rob.  I thought I might have been dreaming as I tried to search the TC forums and was coming up zilch. Actually I won this Albion with some other diecasts in Australia on eBay at the end of December. Yes, the only place to get them is in the UK, although there is a store in Queensland that sell them on eBay in limited numbers. I would like to get some more but the price is starting to rise a bit nowadays for the Semi's.

This advertisement appeared in the February 2007 issue of Model Collector and the MC had mentioned that Base Toys were new to the market place in the same issue.

Re: Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale 2 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Blasts from the past taken from just one of the many books on trucks that I have.

The LK51 Forward control 4 ton was a short lived model built between 1931 and 1933.

The Albion heavy weight CX from 1938 to 1948 and depicted below is the CX7N tanker 1948 model.

The Albion Chieftain FT37 from 1958 which is so similar to the Base Toy Albion tanker shown above with the Thames Trader tipper.

Who's got some they want to share with.

Cheers.

Re: Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale 2 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
While reading this topic i searched ebay uk and found that basetoys make alot of trucks that havev not been modelled before, so i'm gonna have a go at getting some of these as for me they are fairly cheap.

Ideal for when i eventually build my oo gauge railway, so will be able to share soon jim.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale 2 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
That is right what you have replied with Dinkyjay about some of the new and interesting models being released by Base Toys. Like I was interested in them from the start however a person can only collect so much well I would love to collect everything but life has its restrictions.

Cheers.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale 2 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
It cetianly does have restrictions, i will leave around 2 months before i get my first, as i'm restricted some what now, i have loads of models on layby to pay off yet, and i need to find a new a job as i'm being made redundant at the end of this month.

Re: Base Toys Ltd Made in China 1:76 scale or OO scale 2 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I don't have any models from Base Toys, but I've seen countless reviews in Model Collector, and they almost always get high ratings.

The photos shown here (thanks) certainly underline, that the ratings are justified. It's good to see such a high level of detail on small-scale models. Sure, one may not be able to see it all with the naked eye, but for photos of railway-layouts etc. the details suddenly become highly important.

Really nice models!
  • Page: