Bandai MG Magnette Farina
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Tonka, Bandai, Nylint, Tipp, Buddy L, Ertl, Smith Miller... if it's made of pressed steel or tin, here's where it belongs!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bandai MG Magnette Farina

Bandai MG Magnette Farina 2 months, 1 week ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I am sure I put my convertable version on here but I can't find it, anyways I managed to get the saloon version minus it's hub caps but i have an idea in my head to replace these. I mentioned that the convertable was never ... unless someone knows different produced so it was an unusual model, the salloon looks much more realistic

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Bandai MG Magnette Farina 2 months, 1 week ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Very, very nice MG(s) looking forward to the idea in your head... these hubcaps seem to have a tendency to go awol I have two Volvo 164 from this series and one of them is missing the hubcaps too, like your MG, so if you come up with a really, REALLY easy solution, I'm all ears... or should that be eyes, since it's in writing

Re: Bandai MG Magnette Farina 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Finding hub caps for these cars would be impossible , so here is what I did & it is simple. I photographed the caps on the convertable printed them to the correct size & glued them onto thin card & fitted them int the tyres.

When I get a chance I will try with my Volvo as I have two missing from it , although these are plastic , will have to wit & see if they come out out ok.

Re: Bandai MG Magnette Farina 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Good idea with the printed hubcaps, I wonder if it would be possible to make 3d prints? Of course they'd have to be painted afterwards, but some silver or chrome paint could actually look quite good.

The hubcaps on your Volvo look completely different to mine. I wonder if there were several different versions.

Re: Bandai MG Magnette Farina 2 months ago #5

a very clever soluton
  • Page: