Franklin Mint Peterbilt models
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Semis, artics, pickups, vans, road trains - whatever they are and whatever you call them, if they're used to transport stuff, here's where to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Franklin Mint Peterbilt models

Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #1

From Franklin Mint, Peterbilt 334 stake bed from 1939 and Peterbilt 379 from the 1980\'s.

The 334 features real wood gates and bed floor, opening hood with removable side panels to display the Cummins engine and opening doors with real wood panel interior. This is an excellent replica of the 334. The truck this is based on is at the Peterbilt factory in Denton Texas, fully restored by Peterbilt in 1989 for the 50th anniversary of Peterbilt.

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #2

The 379 also has opening doors and a tilting hood to display the 3406 Caterpillar diesel. The sleeper roof is removable as well, to display the very nicely detailed interior. Both are in 32nd scale, and the 379 had two trailers available, the refrigerated van and a tank trailer. Both featured matching graphics to the tractor, which was also available in red.

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I like the detailing on the engines. Got a better shot of the old Peterbilt Stake truck?

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #4

I\'ve got this one, and I will try for a better one.

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Very nice models.

Frame.

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
the detail is very good, exspensive models.

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rob, that helps. I like the details.

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #8

And here\'s the other side.

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Very nice trucks, with lots of great detail.....how long are those with the trailer attached?
Terry

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #10

About 20 inches long, 2 3/4 wide and 5 inches tall for the 379 and trailer. There is one more, the 387 that I never picked up. It also has the matching trailer. A Freightliner cabover and a Mack CH 600 were also made. Someday I\'ll add those to the collection.

Re:Franklin Mint Peterbilt models 3 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rob, this really shows the detail off well. It is a shame I don\'t have more room for the larger scale models. Some are fantastic.
  • Page: