This forum is specifically for diecast made in France - Solido, Majorette, Norev, CIJ, FJ, Quiralu and all the others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Majorette 1972 catalog in gallery

Majorette 1972 catalog in gallery 4 years, 3 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
I have just uploaded scans of the 1972 Majorette catalog, one of my most beloved catalogs due to their incredible nice (but crude) artwork.

Don\'t know yet how to link to this gallery, but it is in my profile (I think...)

Enjoy!

Re:Majorette 1972 catalog in gallery 4 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
By clicking on your user name and then clicking on your Gallery in your profile I found both your Picture galleries. Nice stuff and your right about the catalogue, crude but effective and enjoyable drawings.

Re:Majorette 1972 catalog in gallery 4 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
thank you very, very much.

I love collecting these catalogs.

Re:Majorette 1972 catalog in gallery 4 years, 3 months ago #4

Fresh Boarder
As a 5 year old kid then I really drooled all over them.

In fact, when I was allowed to buy a \'new car\' (happened quite often luckily!), I picked a car that had the catalog inserted if mine was worn out. Even if I already had the car... These catalogs do fall apart very easily. Scanning these, and then enhancing the quality of the image, took me a few hours. The actual size is about 3 x 7 cm.

Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by Henri Kroeze.

Re:Majorette 1972 catalog in gallery 4 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
not bad, just added them to my collection.

I recognised several models I had collected over the years, especially the Bernard trucks and the snow scooters. Nice to know I can put a date on them

Re:Majorette 1972 catalog in gallery 4 years, 3 months ago #6

Fresh Boarder
Richard, these Bernards start in 1967 already! There are subtle differences in the castings of the Bernards, I\'m studying them for years now and only for the \'plastic bumper\' ones, I have about 10 different castings... One day I\'ll do a writeup on these. They interest me very much!

Re:Majorette 1972 catalog in gallery 4 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I always thought my parents named me after the truck, but my second name is because of Prince Bernard of Holland.
  • Page: