Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's the section for Apollo rocket models, Sputnik kits and more!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama

Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years, 3 months ago #1

Junior Boarder
Hello People ,,,,

I have in the past already put a topic of a hotrod 1/8  on this site ,, the most time i spent buiding on real space models ,, here one of my latest endresult of building a apollo 1/32 LRV vehikel that was use on the moon ... for longer distance to travel .
This resin kit with photoetch matirials are very little and the building time was 250 hours ...
the moon surface is real sand ......

here link with the building proces ....

http://albums.modelbrouwers.nl/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=5426&pid=177225&slideshow=5000

I hope you like the photo,s ...., in the future i will place more real space models on this site ...

Afbeelding_046.jpg

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That is stunning .....glad too se you here in the forums .....keep building and keep posting the wonderful work

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years, 3 months ago #3

Excellent! Thank you for posting this fantastic build.

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
very well documented build ........you will do well here
I like to document my builds the same way.
I especially liked the image of anealing the mesh .....i just picked up some brass sheet thet will have to be anealed so i han shape it for a new plow blde.
One question though , are you painting with enamels?
This is truly an excellent build.

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years, 3 months ago #5

Junior Boarder
Thanks Modelguru and oldtruck56 ,,,

Uh Modelguru i go,s always for my paint stuff to the car shop and buy there car paint ( MOTIP ) and the primer and the clear coat ,,, if i need to paint a small surface or little parts of brass i need some drups out of the spraycan and put that in a airbrush gun ....and it is easy to mix out of there collor list ....

The biggest advantage is that car paint is cheaper in quantity and quality is very good

I,m now also just started with building a 1/20 saturn V engine bell of the saturn v rocket from accurate models , i will place tomorrow a start of it ..on this site .... this kit has a lot of differnt matirials ...

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years, 2 months ago #6

Junior Boarder
Is that the Atomic City LRV?

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years, 2 months ago #7

Junior Boarder
Hi uberhobby , ,,

No this resin kit is a copy from : EVA models ,,, and is still to buy in china .

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years, 1 month ago #8

Junior Boarder
Number 2 as promised series of diorama is finished: apollo 17 theme, very buzzy .....

So .............. on to the third and final

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years ago #9

Junior Boarder
as promisse the third and last diorama , also a kind of experiment ,,, this thime with transparant epoxy .... this diorama is more a parody of the apollo 16 flight ... the line by this diorama is :

Hello HOUSTON , duck here .... We have a big problem .... I have drilled too deep, there is water everywhere and now a huge break in the moon\'s surface

Re:Nasa Apollo 15 LRV vehikel scale 1/32 diorama 14 years ago #10

Very clever! They have one of the lunar rover test vehicles in the missile and space museum in Alamogordo, New Mexico, only with out the mesh wheels. They have rubber tires on it for training on earth. They did a lot of the early training at White Sands Missile range, the rocket sled tests and some of the test firing of engines, and have landed the Space Shuttle there. The new spaceport that Virgin is building is just to the north east of where I live.
Last Edit: 14 years ago by oldtruck56.
  • Page: