OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 7 years, 6 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
I believe that I did fit Duracel batteries to these & they did fit , I tried some Panasonic ones which were too big.

Here are the 1100 models which had opening bonnet & doors & the Friction drive MG 1100 which was copied from the OK toy model, also shown is another Oxford which I have boxed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone, RoutemasterNL

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 7 years, 6 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Lovely items!

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 7 years ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Another find I had this week from OK Toys is this Jaguar MK10, it had a wheel missing so an easy fix, the box is excellent, someone has added a lady passenger to this in her swim suit.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 7 years ago #79

Platinum Boarder
OK they are fantastic and I like the wording authentic replica on the box. Actually the MK X Jag really is a cool looking design vehicle. One of my sisters used to love her Jags.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 12 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
This Albion Break down lorry has a battery operated search light , although where the battery fits I don't know, it was obviously looked after by its previous owner as it still has the cardboard protector around the light, it is a shame that the instruction leaflet is missing. The artwork is great on the box it is towing a smashed MK3 Zephyr past what looks like Big Ben.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 12 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
I would think, seeing the wire going into the body, that the battery would go in from under the truck. Any screws or such to open it up? Either that or in that gray canopy. You need to follow that wire.

It is a great looking truck and I would like to see where that battery goes too. Extra bonus with the cardboard around the search light. Now you just need the instructions. Happy searching for those.
Last Edit: 6 years, 12 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 12 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Hi Guys, I am back and will be able to look in more frequently now I have enganged a mobile 'Dongle' into my laptop so can be 'On-Line' just about anywhere a phone signal can reach.

Andy, a single battery goes into the compartment arrowed in Green on my picture below. The whole Grey plastic canopy moulding unclips from the body. If you do not see any Brass coloured contacts inside there, they have become lost by the previous owner which means you will not be able to test the canopy light without fiddling about with extra wires.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 12 months ago #83

Hello Kevin, good seeing you back here. How are you?

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 12 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
Hello Theo, you have a 'PM'.

Rollerman.
Last Edit: 6 years, 12 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 12 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Welcome back Rollerman , hope you are well & thanks for the info on the battery.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 12 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
Another superb plastic toy vehicle made in Hong Kong showing the craftsmanship in their design features and tooling injection moulding that flourish among some of Hong Kong toy manufactures in the 1970's and 1980's.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 12 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Blast it! so not all the forum message systems are working.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 11 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
Welcome back Kevin and in good health I hope. All things settled and back into the toys and good connection is great.
PM through the Community/Members list above in the red bar. That still works the best as far as I know. Sometimes the little envelope below the persons avatar works too.

Kevin, I just sent a PM from both places I mention above. Did you get either?
Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 11 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Welcome back Kevin and in good health I hope. All things settled and back into the toys and good connection is great.
PM through the Community/Members list above in the red bar. That still works the best as far as I know. Sometimes the little envelope below the persons avatar works too.

Kevin, I just sent a PM from both places I mention above. Did you get either?

I did get your message and sent a reply only to see the whole forum freeze and lock up and had to restart the computer, so I don't know if my reply got to you successfully.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 11 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I got one reply from you. I sent 2 so I guess one did not work.