Triang Minic Electric 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Triang Minic Electric 1/20

Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Out of all of my collection I think that these models are the best plastic models of their time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
OMG Andy, that's the first time I've seen them all together. There's not many more in this set for you to get, is there? Fabulous.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Not many but they will be hard to get , the Mini's , Triumph Herald etc. I have since got a bottle green Zephyr saloon. There are a few colour variations in this series.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
OK Toys Hong Kong made these models in 1/20 they were based on Morris Motors. The Box set with car & boat is very rare, they were also battery operated & had working head lights

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
With the Spot on toys bringing interest I have taken pictures of the Triang 1/20th I have individually , these are another example of just how good Triang were at making toys. These are battery operated (modern batteries do not fit) & are very well detailed.

M005 Ford Zephyr saloon  red

British Racing Green

Turquoise blue

MO10 Ice Blue

British Racing green

M022 Ford Anglia Primrose yellow

Some leaflets

Accessories available , I would like to get the" just married" set as it would go well with the Zephyr convertable

The battery compartment , they never had covers

This was painted by my dad exactly as his own car in black & grey , he bought the model & painted it , I was given this when I was 16 so was my first model in this range.I checked with the Ford Anglia club & the car is not known to them, that was a shame.

M006 Vauxhall Victor green

M004 Jaguar 2.4 Ice blue

M.018 Hillman Minx 111A Olive green

M007 Sunbeam Rapier RAF blue

M014 Bentley Continental Crimson red

M013 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud RAF blue

M.017 Caravan Cream & white please note I made the towing hitch as missing , this should be made of tin

Some box types, note the convertable sticker on the early boxes

Later type Harliquine style box with model label on the end flap

M.015 Austin Metropolitan Taxi Black , I think this is the finest model of this Taxi.

M012 Vanwall Racing Car British Racing green , this is a very play worn & battle scarred model.

M.032 Police car accessory pack for M.004 Jaguar 2.4 . Very rare.

Sorry to put so many pictures on at one time but it takes me ages to take these models from storage.
Last Edit: 10 years, 3 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
What can I say, that Zephyr is amazing, the Jaguar breaks my heart, and the boxart of the Bentley as well as the model are top notch.

Never seen such beauties in 1/20 scale before.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #7

Wonderful cars Andy, I really like them. I don't mind looking at so many photos in a topic, they are just great. Thanks

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks, others in the collection include the MGA , Austin Healy & the very rare Austin & Morris Minis as well as a beautiful Triumph herald Coupe , these models were only produced on a short run & now command high prices & be careful to check for distortion to the body work, see my painted Ford Anglia  as they do suffer from the elements badly.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Thank you as well,  I have been looking at these Rolls Royce and Bentley models several times, not knowing their provenance. Now I know more.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy

They are incredible ; never seen them before Thank you

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Andy do not be ashamed of all the pictures or do not even apologize for them, as you should by now know that "WE LOVE PICTURES ON HERE" lol.

These are some fantastic models. I love them all, you may have just sparked an interest in me, I shall be looking out for these large scale plastic cars when I start visiting the boot sales next year

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Glad you all like them, they are to me some of the best toys ever made.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Very nice pics Andy bet that took some doing? I will post mine as soon as i can ok mate.Was good to Chat with you on the phone today before you went off to the football (for all you guys who dont know Andy is a West Ham fan big time still someone has to be ? lol)hope you win! but i guess not LOL.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Cheers Vaughan a picture of your Herald will be great.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 10 years, 3 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Triang were they not one of the best toy makers , the Minic Motorway series