Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 5 days ago #706

Gold Boarder
the only problem its broken aswell

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 5 days ago #707

Gold Boarder

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 5 days ago #708

Platinum Boarder
Is the wheel hub axle insert intact while the images suggest to me is the axle itself bent. I am trying to remember those types of eyelet fasteners used in those days as it must be 55 years plus that I had really seen them.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 5 days ago #709

Platinum Boarder
I think that the eyelets your seeing hold the friction motor to the base. It must open up in a different place and drilling these will just set the motor free from its mount. Not sure how these would come apart. I would think the axle goes through or just over the motor and is gear driven. Should be able to remove and straighten it out. Not sure as I have not had a toy like this before.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 5 days ago #710

Platinum Boarder
The underside section is glued into the main upper section and will require careful cutting with knives or Dremmel saw.

Rollerman.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 5 days ago #711

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim, holding the friction motor in place. I wonder if the super glue remover would help if not then it is the dremmel way.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 4 days ago #712

Platinum Boarder
If it is really old then Hot Water would probably dissolve the glue. Only problem is the friction Motor. Hot water and then get it open fast and dry to prevent rusting. Not sure if that would work or not but maybe on a part away from the motor, near the front wheel, you could try a section by applying a cloth soaked in hot water, as hot as you can stand.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 4 days ago #713

Platinum Boarder
Not trying to put you off fixing this but due to the glued down base , unless you have a very sharp modeling knife & a steady hand , I would leave it well alone, it displays well & looks the part.
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by Andy66.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 3 days ago #714

Platinum Boarder
I got this NFIC version of the Singer Vogue , minus it's boot lid, I have some plastic left from the lid I used on the Matchbox garage . I will compare this with the Telsalda one later

Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by Andy66.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 2 days ago #715

Platinum Boarder
The Telsalda is slightly larger scale & looks the better model.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 2 days ago #716

Platinum Boarder

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 2 days ago #717

Platinum Boarder
I must say you have replacement parts down to a fine art now. Excellent use of recycled plastic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 2 days ago #718

Gold Boarder
dont want to touch it just in case i break it more

thanks guys

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week, 2 days ago #719

Platinum Boarder
dinky-shane-corgi wrote:
dont want to touch it just in case i break it more

thanks guys

That's OK the road roller will still display well anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dinky-shane-corgi

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 week ago #720

Platinum Boarder
I don't blame you dinky Shane, I have done quite a few repairs to plastic, i have cut bases of when they have been glued not by the factory & they are hard work, let alone a factory glue that would be like cutting through the thickness of the plastic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dinky-shane-corgi