Some of my Dinky Military Collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can talk about model tanks, armoured cars, staff cars and any other model military vehicles, whether they're kits, diecast or anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some of my Dinky Military Collection

Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 2 months ago #1

Expert Boarder

here are a few pics of my military Dinky vehicles. They are sitting amongst some of my newer Britains and JJD 54mm artillery displays And some Corgi military models. No permanent home for the Dinky just yet...
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by Krieglok.

Re: Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
What an incredible line up! Cheers!

Re: Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 2 months ago #3

That is a fine collection. You also collect oil lamps?

Re: Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 2 months ago #4

Expert Boarder
Thanks guys. Right now my Dinkys occupy the mantle in the living room. Some of the lamps are antique Railroad lanterns and a couple are just decorations my wife had up there before the invasion...lol.

tom
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by Krieglok.

Re: Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for sharing some of your military collection Tom. Yes the collection of old lamps including a light house by the looks of it. The other going by the paint on those Dinky and Corgi toys you go for quality condition. Those 54mm artillery displays need to be shown to us in much finer detail instead of a glimmer inside its glass case.

Many thanks Tom Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krieglok

Re: Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 2 months ago #6

Expert Boarder
i will certainly post pics of the 54mm Artillery soon. They are a 18pdr firing, a 60 pounder firing and the larger display is a 13pdr under tow. All Royal Horse Artillery. I was always interested in the RHA, especially to saga of "L" Battery action at Nery in 1914. Very heroic.

Some of the Dinkys are restored, most have Honest play wear which I tend to appreciate as it matches the vehicles I retained from my childhood! There are a few really nice ones in there, that I came across as a matter of good luck, condition wise.

thank you for your kind words and intrest!

tom

Re: Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 1 month ago #7

Expert Boarder
There was some interest in the 54mm sets that were underneath my Dinky collection.

Here are some of my 54mm British WW1 Artillery pieces. The two smaller guns, the 13pdr and 18pdr are metal and rather substantial in weight.

This is a 13pdr with a limber I built from a resin kit. 

This is a 18pdr under tow. One of my favorite pieces...Royal Horse Artillery.

Finally, a 60pdr Field Gun. Unfortunatel, while all the soldiers and accessories are cast metal, the gun itself is plastic and resin...terribly light weight.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
The Dinky military models are great and I too like the odd mark and chip, gives them character  and more of the feel of an old toy

Re: Some of my Dinky Military Collection 7 years, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks for the larger individual photos of you collection. Are these W Britain Ltd Edition series as they really are scaled and modelled in fine detail of excellence.

Many cheers.
  • Page:
Moderators: Modelguru