Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all things Dinky; British, Chilean, French, Hong Kong, South African or from whereever! This is also the forum of the Dinky Toys Group

TOPIC: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas/DeAgostini

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 9 months ago #1081

Just visited my Atlas home page and.......

The next one for me is the Peugeot 504.

They raised the costs to € 23,90 instead of € 21,90!
So I guess it must be a very very special one

Could it be the cabrio?

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 9 months ago #1082

Platinum Boarder
The 504 Cabriolet is on the shortlist and the likelyhood of it being the next model will mean that the Citroen Ami has been defered back further!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 9 months ago #1083

Here are mine: Renault 4L 3x Atlas 1x original

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 7 months ago #1084

Platinum Boarder
Just received my Atlas Aston Martin 110 direct from China it compares very well to the original with the colour match being spot on.

Unfortunately the front wheels are attached so tightly that the steering will not work and they only turn with difficulty, the doors are also a very loose fit when compared to the original. Not sure if this is because it is a factory second or whether they are all like this?  Can't complain too much as it was only £14.00 including postage!

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 7 months ago #1085

Still waiting for this one. The color is spot on, I just don't know why they put a different colored reg. plate on

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 7 months ago #1086

Platinum Boarder
I am quite surprised Atlas does this open version with front wheel steering. I have the model in very played-with condition, given to me in 1969 by a friend at school. Apart from some broken glazing it is still in one piece. This Atlas version looks very good, does the hood open? The model always seemed a little bit too long to me.
Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by 283258.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 7 months ago #1087

Platinum Boarder
I think that the later original Dinky versions had the white/yellow number plates which were introduced in the UK around 1968/9.  My version is an early one with sticker rather than moulded rear lights and would have pre-dated this.

The hood/bonnet does open on the Atlas version and the engine detail appears identical. I have added another picture below:

Does anyone know when the Zodiac is coming out?
Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by distant subscriber.

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 7 months ago #1088

Platinum Boarder
From this ebay listing it looks as if the Atlas and Dan-Toys are made in the same factory in China?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-43-Citroen-2CV-lot-...ys-560-/111769271071

£25 seems quite a good deal for 3 boxed models all the way from China

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 7 months ago #1089

Yes, it's all rather complex.

The Atlas series licenses the Dinky name from the trademark holder Mattel, and Norev actually produce the models via their supplier in China.

Norev appear to own the moulds and can use these for other purposes as long as they are not branded Dinky, and so they produce other versions for Dan Toys as well as releasing some models under the CIJ name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, distant subscriber

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 6 months ago #1090

Junior Boarder
Though the Atlas replicas seem to be more well-known in the UK, I believe the majority of the moulds have been sold as Dan Toys first. Latest from Dan is a range of Guy vans; though having the usual smoothed-off quality compared to the original Dinky Toys, and with some strange stray lines on the rear doors, they are good value, or so I thought ...

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, Dinkydi, RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 6 months ago #1091

Platinum Boarder
Very nice !

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 6 months ago #1092

Yesterday I received this one:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 6 months ago #1093

Platinum Boarder
That is a good looking model car Theo.

Well produced!

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 5 months ago #1094

Junior Boarder
That is a good looking model car Theo.

Well produced!

the  SIMCA TAXI  " ARIANE "

Yesse a good looking model and a good diecast

The original  ones are  difficult to find & /or expensive

A good choise, the other  SIMCA TAXI  called " Versailles " with the other   combination of colours   ( red with black roof as seen on the box) is greater cos  it was only a prototype and Dinky never produced this diecast...

Marcello

Re: Dinky Toys replicas from Atlas Edition 8 years, 5 months ago #1095

Platinum Boarder
I'm such an idiot.

Not because I bought an Atlas, but because I did not mean to when it was obvious that I should have known.

Anyways, I have no issue with Atlas nor for those who collect them. I think they are quite lovely. For me, they are just not what I prefer to collect. I like the original and don't mind a  few nicks and scratches.

I have wanted a Dinky 1411 Renault Alpine for quite some time, but don't like the typical price tag. I saw this model starting at a reasonable price for this model and watched it for a few days and eventually bid and won the item. The entire time not realising "Atlas" right in the auction title. son of a b.......

Anyways, my fault. Sucked it up, paid the price and waited for it's arrival. Brand new in the box, still vacuum sealed in plastic wrap.

A very lovely model, and although I don't have an original to compare it to, it seems very very much like the original except a plastic base. I would expect the original was metal. Anyone confirm?????

So I own an Atlas now. I may decide to resell it, but I doubt I can get the cost of the item plus postage I paid and then expect a buyer to pay expensive Canadian postage on top. I may see if I can sell it locally (no postage) if I decide to not keep it.

A few things I was not aware of by Atlas. I understood Atlas to be a France company, but was not aware as per the box, the models are made in China. No surprise. Isn't everything these days? I was surprised to see the Mattel Copyright though. Is Mattel affiliated with Atlas, or does Atlas have to include this as Mattel still owns the Dinky name (since buying Matchbox who before that bought Dinky)????????

Although the model is very beautiful, I was not impressed about the paint defect on the roof or the misshaped front wheel (see pictures).

I have not been able to track any details of this model either. Can anyone assist? There is no mention of the model on the Atlas website nor can I find it in a catalogue. I think it is a new model for 2015 though ???????

excuse the reflection of my shop light (bright streak). The defect in paint can be seen from just above the light reflection all the way to the top of the windshield

Hope this mushed tire does not  affect value........

Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by Tick.
Moderators: andyman7